Seren made supper one night as a break for me and a part of her Home Ec for school. 🙂 It was delicious.
The recipe came from Company’s Coming – Meatless Cooking Cookbook by Jean Pare.
- 1 lb(454g) Medium egg noodles or any noodle you have in your pantry
- 4 qrts(4L) Boiling Water
- 1 tbsp(15ml) Cooking oil(optional)
- 1 tbsp(15ml) salt
Cook noodles according to the package or in a large uncovered pot for 5-7 minutes until tender. Drain and return to pot.
- 1 1/2 Cooking oil
- 1 1/4 Onion, chopped
- 1 Green or Red pepper, chopped
Heat cooking oil in frying pan. Add onion and green/red pepper. Saute until soft. Add to noodles in pot.
- 8 tofu or meatless sausages (we didn’t have any so used regular sausages which we precooked), sliced
- 14 oz.(398ml) can Stewed Tomatoes
- 10 oz.(284ml) can Condensed Tomato soup
- 10 0z.(284ml) can sliced mushrooms, drained
Add sliced sausages, tomatoes, soup and mushrooms to pot. Stir. Turn into ungreased 3quart(3L) casserole dish. (We used the one pot for entire recipe, a dutch oven, instead making another dish dirty)
- 1/3c.(75ml) Grated Parmesan Cheese
Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, covered for 30 minutes in a 350*f(150*c) oven. Remove cover. bake for another 5 minutes. Serve. We added more cheese when served.
D & S ❤