Milena’s Bean experiment
For Science Milena did the Bean experiment. We tried two ways of germinating the beans seeds.
The first experiment was a complete fail. We tried germinating between two sheets of paper towel in an open ziploc bag. The seeds rotted….
So we did it the way I germinate my seeds…SOIL!
Pinto beans in soil
She has a radicle and roots!
Here they come
Happy little seeds…seed coat is falling off.
The first or true leaves are trying to push out of the cotyledon.
seed coat is off and here come the leaves…another angle
Milena had to admire her bean plants during breakfast.
Milena has a plant! woohoo!
Beans have a healthy set of roots…time to transplant.
Milena’s Bean Plants in there forever pot
Due to the still frosty and below 0c weather outside at night and some days. We planted them in a big deep forever-pot.
Milena did a worksheet on parts of a bean seed and growing bean seeds.
Milena labeled all the parts using actual terminology and laymans terms.
Milena made a flap lab book. Under each flap it gives info on each drawing.
This is a fun experiment and we have plans to do more like it. 🙂
This entry was posted in Home Learning
. Bookmark the permalink