This post is a bit late…
With Mr.Bill going away this fall to school we had to “cheat” on getting our firewood.
We usually go out every weekend and get our firewood starting August 1st. We don’t have time this year as we had to rebuild our woodshed. We use about 10cords of wood each winter as it is the only way we can afford to heat our house.
Thank you Harry for your amazing service! He is one of the last self-load trucks in our area that sells logging truck loads of firewood.
Thank the Goddess for Harry! We would be utterly screwed if we didn’t find him.
We had to tear down the old woodshed and rebuild. After 40yrs of use, the old woodshed had started to cave in…that and the privious owners brilliant idea to raise the roof and actually finish the process didn’t help.
Our amazing neighbour to the right, Dean, with a machine dumped and leveled out road crush for us. Then we went over it with a rake and decided how we wanted to rebuild the woodshed.
One Afternoon, Seren, came back from delivering eggs to our neighbour to the left with news of a weird critter on the logs. So, I had to investigate ’cause that’s the way I am.
There sat a Fat Gopher…a crap…stay away from my garden.
Gopher friend on the logs.
Hello there Mr.Gopher…you need to go away. My garden is not safe with you here.
Back to woodshed building.
We hand mixed wheelbarrow loads of cement.
Forms filled now to dry
Since there was a little cement leftover, I decided to divide it between 4 ice cream buckets and make a couple stepping stones for a garden.
Shells and stones from our travels to the Pacific Ocean.
Once the cememt was dry the wall building could begin. We stuck to the original woodshed look but made it a little skinnier…by a foot.
Thor being our foreman. 😊
Tada! The Woodshed is finished!
Now my job really begins…I stacked the leftover wood from the old woodshed into the new one. Now I have to wait for Mr.Bill to buck up the firewood and then it is chop and stack for me. 😊